THINGS TO DO - ACTIVITIES - ATTRACTIONS
- Looe golf club, Bindown, No Man's Land, Looe. 18 hole golf club.
- Lux Park sports and leisure centre and indoor swimming pool, Liskeard.
- Fishing - Force 10 modern fast fishing vessel specialising in reef, shark, inshore reef fishing and mackerel fishing.
Featured on our website.
- Sailing trips on the River Tamar.
- Glass bottom boats trips around Looe. Also regular boat trips going to different destinations from Looe.
- Crabbing from the quay in Looe.
- Colliford Reservoir - Nature trails, moorland, woodland and wetland areas. Off A30 between Launceston and Bodmin.
- Siblyback Lake - Angling and water sports centre. Rainbow trout fishing, sailing, windsurfing and canoeing. Tuition available. Common Moor, near Liskeard.
- Bake Fishing Lakes - 15 acres of water. Near Trerulefoot roundabout, on the road from/to Plymouth. 10 minutes drive from Looe.
- Go Karting at Kartworld in Menheniot. From age 2 to adult.
- Bodmin and Wenford Railway - Steam Trains.
- Canoe Tamar - Guided Canadian Canoe trips between Morwellham and Cotehele quays.
- Horse Riding (Many riding stables nearby).
- Walking. Spoilt for choice. Outstanding walks for all abilities.
- Woodland walks, coastal footpaths, walks on Bodmin Moor - many to choose from.
- Cycle the Camel Trail either from Bodmin to Padstow or from Wadebridge to Padstow. Fantastic cycle ride with stunning views. Flat cycle path all the way. Cycle hire shops in Bodmin, Wadebridge and Padstow.
- The twin towns of East and West Looe face each other across the river and are joined by a bridge. East Looe beach is wonderful for everyone with safe swimming and a golden sandy beach. West Looe beach has extensive rock pools, panoramic views of St. George's Island and Looe bay.
- Whitsand Bay has several miles of sandy beach backed by National Trust Coastline. Truly beautiful.
PLACES TO VISIT IN THE AREA
- Market town of Liskeard.
- Old fishing port of Polperro.
- Polruan and Fowey.
- Bodmin Moor.
- Coastal road to Rame Head and Cawsand. Beautiful scenery.
- Carnglaze Caverns and Gardens - St Neot, near Liskeard.
- Gardens in Cornwall - www.gardensincornwall.co.uk
- National Trust - www.nationaltrust.org.uk . Many wonderful properties to visit nearby. Particularly Lanhydrock House, Cotehele Estate and Quay, Anthony House and Mount Edgcumbe Country Park.
- If you fancy a bit of city life, Plymouth offers everything you would expect to find in a
city. Go to www.thisisplymouth.co.uk . Alternatively buy the Friday edition of the Plymouth
Herald anywhere in Looe, to find out what's on in Plymouth. There is a dry ski slope, , 3
theatres, 2 cinema complexes as well as an Arts & Film Centre. There is a large shopping Mall
called Drakes Circus and many, many shops. There is also a large lido which is open in the
summer. Walk around the Plymouth Hoe and the Barbican. There are many public houses and fine
restaurants to choose from. Some lovely restaurants in Sutton Harbour.
- Good selection of shops in Liskeard, Tavistock and Looe.
- Make time to visit Trago Mills - Famous in the South West. Everything you could want to
buy at bargain prices. Just past Liskeard on the road towards Bodmin.
SUGGESTED WALKS IN THE AREA
- Coastal footpath to Talland Bay or on to Polperro
- Coastal footpath to Seaton
- Woodland trail from Seaton up the river valley to Hessenford and back.
- Polruan to Fowey. Park at Polruan - woodland walk round to catch the Bodinick pedestrian
ferry to Fowey - walk through Fowey to catch the Fowey vehicle ferry back to Polruan. Roughly
- Looe, Kilminorth Wood and Talland Bay. Start from West Looe Car Park. 7 miles.